How can you improve your writing?
Take a look at the sets of mistakes below!
Becoming aware of your and others’ mistakes is
one of the best way to learn!
1. Accidents are usually made by speeding people. —>…caused (or other synonyms) by people speeding.
2. mayby —> maybe
3. He is_very creative person, who can write an essay in_very short time. —> … a very creative person, … in a very short time.
4. He is fair and friendful. —> He is fair and friendly.
5. She is really creative, a truly imaginary person. —> … imaginative person.
with reference to the text Travel Today
- We understand travelling nowadays mainly as the journey to the faraway countries, to the other continent etc. — > … taking a journey to faraway countries, to another continent/ other continents
- It is clear that the unknown cultures, like Chinese, are always interesting. — > … understandable/ to be expected that less known cultures, like the Chinese, …
- its all consequences — > all of its consequences / all consequences therein
- Money and political restrictions are mostly not a problem, too. — > … are not a problem anymore / either, for the most part
- I would like to tell about the travelling connected with exploration of your nearest area. — > … to say a few words / to talk about travelling in connection with the exploration of nearby areas.
- I made with my sister a bicycle trip to Ogrodzieniec — > I took a bicycle trip to Ogrodzieniec with my sister
- There are the ruins of a medieval castle — > The ruins of a medieval castle are still visible / … can be visited there or We visited the ruins …
- We know well this castle — > Although we know/ knew this castle well…
- … but we never chose that tourist route for cyclists — > we had never chosen that tourists’ bicycle route before.
- It was a many-hectares field, I guess, and all plants were turned with face to the setting sun. — > … a field of many hectares, I guess. All the plants were turned towards / turned facing the setting sun.
- I hadn’t know, that there is so surprising place near my home. — > I had no idea/ I didn’t know that there was such a surprising place near my home.
- After the trip I remembered the story of my girlfriend about her adventure in Provence. — > After this trip I remembered my girlfriend’s story/ one of my girlfriend’s stories about…
- She told me about the identical situation, but instead of sunflowers, there was a lavender plantation. — > … an identical situation, where instead of a sunflower field there was a lavender plantation.
- Moral of my story is simple: — > The moral …
- You don’t have to go abroad to have so beautiful experiences. — > … you … such…
- The variety of the landscapes appears also in our “small homelands” and the saying “cudze chwalicie – swego nie znacie” is always actual. — > … of landscapes also appears… and the saying: … is always valid. / always stays true.
with reference to the comments on Let’s talk Generations
1. I heard that in communistic times there were no problems with finding a job in Poland.
—> in the communist era/ during communist times/ during communism
2. It is only the methods that became different. <— It is only methods became different.
3. I start to think about changes in defining Generation.
—>I start to think about the changes in defining our Generation.
4. I think of children let say 10 years younger.
—> I think of children let’s say 10 years younger.
5. …because of differences in way they are grown up and behavior.
—> because of the differences in the way they grow up and behave.
6. But I guess this point of view can change by the time.
—> But I guess this point of view can change with/ in time.